Many people suffer from missing teeth, but they do not know that dental implants provide a permanent solution to this problem. Not only can missing teeth reduce your self-confidence, but they can also lead to other complications like gum disease and tooth decay. That is why dental implants in Lehi are becoming popular for patients who want to restore their smiles and improve their oral health. We’re committed to helping our patients achieve optimal oral health and confident, beautiful smiles.
These small titanium posts are surgically placed into the jawbone to mimic the function of a natural tooth root. The implants serve as a foundation for custom-made crowns or bridges, which we attach to the posts to create a sturdy, long-lasting solution for tooth loss.
If you seek exceptional restorative dentistry services, including dental implants, come to Thanksgiving Point Dental! Our team of skilled and experienced dental professionals strives to provide the highest quality dental care in a comfortable and welcoming environment. We specialize in restorative dentistry and offer many other quality dental services, including preventative care, teeth whitening, and orthodontics in Lehi, Utah. We understand the importance of a healthy and beautiful smile and proudly help our patients achieve that. Trust us to deliver top-notch dental care and exceptional service whenever you visit our office.
If you’re considering dental implants, contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists. In this post, we will discuss the benefits of dental implants and why you should consider them as your oral health solution.
Why Dental Implants Are Considered Permanent
Dental implants are considered a permanent solution for missing teeth for several compelling reasons:
- Durability: Dental implants last a lifetime. Thanks to osseointegration, they become a natural part of your jawbone, providing unmatched stability and strength. Unlike traditional dentures or bridges, which may need periodic adjustments or replacements, dental implants are a one-time investment in oral health.
- Natural Appearance: Dental implant restorations are meticulously crafted to resemble your natural teeth in every way. The natural appearance means no one can tell you you have dental implants. Knowing your teeth look and function naturally, you can smile, talk, and eat confidently.
- No Impact on Adjacent Teeth: Unlike dental bridges, which require the grinding down adjacent healthy teeth to support the bridge, dental implants do not affect neighboring teeth. The implant preserves the integrity of your existing teeth and can help prevent future dental issues.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants help maintain the health of your jawbone by stimulating bone growth through the natural pressure of chewing. This stimulation prevents the bone loss that can occur when teeth are missing and preserves your facial structure.
- Comfort and Functionality: With dental implants, you can enjoy a comfortable and functional bite, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without restrictions. They also eliminate the common discomfort and inconvenience associated with removable dentures.
- Long-Term Cost Savings: While the initial cost of dental implants may be higher than other tooth replacement options, their longevity, and minimal maintenance requirements make them cost-effective over time. You won’t need frequent replacements or special cleaning solutions, as is often the case with dentures.
- Boosted Confidence: The ability to smile, speak, and eat without worry can profoundly impact your self-confidence and overall quality of life. Dental implants can help you regain the self-assured smile you may have lost when you had missing teeth.
Losing a tooth can be a daunting experience. The consequences can go beyond mere aesthetics, whether it’s due to trauma, decay, or other dental issues. Missing teeth can affect your self-esteem, oral health, and even your ability to speak and eat comfortably. Fortunately, dental implants offer a remarkable solution to this common problem.
Who is a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Not everyone is an ideal candidate for dental implants, but advancements in dental technology have expanded the pool of potential candidates. Generally, suitable candidates for dental implants:
- Have good oral health and hygiene habits.
- Have adequate jawbone density and volume to support the implant.
- Are in good overall health, with no underlying medical conditions that may interfere with the healing process.
- Are committed to following post-operative care instructions and maintaining oral hygiene.
Even if you do not meet all these criteria initially, your dentist may recommend additional treatments or procedures to improve your candidacy, such as bone grafting to enhance the jawbone’s strength and density.
The Dental Implant Journey
The process of getting dental implants typically involves several appointments over several months. While it may seem like a lengthy process, it is crucial to ensure the success and longevity of your dental implants. Here’s a general timeline of what you can expect:
- Initial Consultation: You’ll meet with a dentist or oral surgeon to discuss your dental history, expectations, and treatment options. We may take X-rays and impressions to assess your jawbone and oral health.
- Surgical Implant Placement: We perform the implant surgery and place the implant in your jawbone. Afterward, you’ll need a few months for osseointegration to occur.
- Abutment Placement: Once osseointegration is complete, the abutment is attached to the implant.
- Tooth Restoration: Your custom-made artificial tooth is secured to the abutment, completing the procedure.
- Follow-up Appointments: Your dentist will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and ensure everything is healing correctly.
Caring for Dental Implants
Maintaining good oral hygiene is vital to the long-term success of your dental implants. Here are some essential care tips:
- Brush and Floss: Brush your implant restoration and surrounding teeth like your natural teeth. Floss daily to remove food particles and plaque between your teeth and the implant.
- Regular Dental Checkups: Visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings to monitor the health of your dental implants and address any potential issues early.
- Avoid Chewing Hard Objects: Dental implants are strong but not indestructible. Avoid chewing on hard objects like ice, pens, or hard candies that could damage your restoration.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking can increase the risk of implant failure by impairing healing and osseointegration. If you smoke, quitting can significantly improve your chances of success.
Dental Implants in Lehi
At Thanksgiving Point Dental, we provide a range of restorative dentistry options using the latest technology, and dental implants are one of our specialties. Dental implants may be the right choice if you’re looking for a long-lasting solution to missing teeth.
Unlike dentures or bridgework, dental implants are permanent and significantly benefit oral health. They offer an effective solution to missing teeth that boosts your confidence and provides a natural-looking smile. They help to maintain the strength and structure of your jawbone, prevent decay and bone loss, and improve your overall dental function. With dental implants, you can enjoy a beautiful and confident smile for years.
Let us help you restore your smile and improve your oral health. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Brandon J. Valgardson and Dr. John Armstrong! These highly skilled dentists offer services guaranteed to keep your teeth and gums healthy and strong. Whether you need a routine checkup and cleaning or a more complex procedure such as oral and maxillofacial surgery in Lehi, Utah, you can trust Thanksgiving Point Dental to provide the necessary care. With Our expertise and attention to detail, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
So why wait? Contact us today and see why many patients choose Thanksgiving Point Dental for their dental needs.